Monday, February 07, 2005

Gasp! It Happens Next Month!

Imagine a future that is all about hedonism. You can get some from who ever and not think about diseases or death. And in the future everyone is hot!!! Oh yeah! But, there is only one small catch, you are terminated (nicely called being "renewed") at the age of thirty. Logan's Run received a Special Achievement Academy Award for Visual Effects. It was the first movie to use laser holography--yes it was made in the 70s.

Why am I talking about Logan's Run and the future?-- On March 7 I turn thirty-three. Basically, if this was Logan's future, I would have been renewed three years ago. Ten years ago, I dreaded the thought of turning twenty-five.

Now, I can honestly say, thirtysomething nice to be here.

Being in your thirties is great!!! I can't stress this enough--you're still hot; minus the angst of your teens and the stupidity of your twenties. Oh and you start to figure it all out, whatever that mysterious it is.

As a woman, I am starting to find my own voice. No kids and not married--I love it. At one point I thought I actually needed these two things to validate me as a person--no let me rephrase that... Society says that validates us if not that some other trend, botox, pilates, in vitro, whatever...

What validates me now? I ask myself if I am doing what the Creator has put me on the planet for? And that is what I am working on.

Oh and that figure it out thang? Don't try to figure it out too hard. Once you got it, it is time to be renewed ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Maddie said...

wow...you just made me look forward to getting old...hhmmm

6:02 PM  
Blogger Goldi said...

Also, you and your friends discover that you are *gasp* grown! You know, careers, house payments, marriage, children, or in my case an aunt (or a god-mother). Like, when did all of this happen.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Dee Dee said...

ok so do not forget to bring the movie when you come visit. By the way when are you coming to visit

11:05 AM  
Blogger Two Dogs said...

Oh, Goldi, the thirties are not the glitter. Wait until you hit forty, that's the greatest.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home