Monday, May 16, 2005

Fare Thee Well My Sweet Captains

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3:00 AM (or something like that) Sunday I'm watching Andromeda. When next week previews come on - its the final episode. WTF!!! Say it ain't so!!! No more Capt. Dylan Hunt? It was bad enough when Tyr Anasazi(Keith Hamilton Cobb) became evil, cut off his locks and became one with the Abyss. He('s) fine! Sigh...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was never a big fan of Enterprise (but I have been a Trekky since I was a little girl. Star Trek came on at 6:00 PM on WPIX Channel 11, Saturdays). Enterprise had Quantum Leap Guy, as Capt. Jonathan Archer and an over-sexed female Vulcan, so I gave it viewer support. Actually, my favorite episodes were the last ones that had the parallel universe Enterprise. The opening theme was even cooler. The sword through Earth insignia, stuff blowing up... Even the music was better. I couldn't stand the regular theme music. It sounded like (70s rock band) Styx. Yeah, I know the words to "Mr. Roboto" and "Don't Let It End" -- let's not go there!

I mean what's left?!? Matrix - Done. LOTR - Done. We have one X-Men and Spiderman left. No more Indiana Jones. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - originally four books and a BBC series. Dune - a whole slew of books and a remake (and then some). War of the Worlds - remake. What else is there? A remake of V? Hell there are six Star Wars. There's nothing left.

Fantasy Star Wars script:

Yoda: "Light-saber yours which is?"
Mace Windu: "The one that says bad motherfucker handling the Force."

I was going to post the lyrics to Michael Jackson's "She's Out of My Life" and apply to the captains. I'll spare y'all.


Update #1: Battlestar Gallactica - Starbuch is too macho and female. I hade a crush on the original (played by Dirk Benedict and he was part of the A-Team). (I mean I am secure in my sexuality [strictly dickly] and all, but women wearing a page-boy hair cuts and smoking cigars--uhgh).
Update #2: Favorite blog of the moment The Darth Side - Memoirs of a Monster.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

21 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

Hey Miss Goldi. I hear ya on what's going to be next? I liked the list you put together here. By the way, were you ever into the Battlestar Galactica franchise? I loved the 70's version. The remake isn't too bad, but it's grown on me in a promising first season.

Season 2 begins this summer so you may want to jump on. I stumbled into Stargate: Atlantis but only because there's lack of viewing at the hour that it comes on. It's okay, just a bit too campy for me. I was one of those guys who looked at Star Trek after the Honeymooners nightly on WPIX late at night though.

Don't look now, but they are trying to unearth a 4th Indiana Jones movie. Stay tuned. Harrison Ford is rumored to be on board for it...

3:04 PM  
Blogger Imara said...

This type of programming has such a strong following, I'm sure it will be just a matter of two two's before someone comes up with a new series. Until then...

3:33 PM  
Blogger Goldi said...

Luke Cage: That uber macho female Starbuck scares me so.

Imara: I don't know screen writers suck nowadays. Every movie that comes out is a 70s TV show.

To Mr. Star-crossed Anonymous: I should have guessed - you and your Trickster ways. Mischief maker!

4:22 PM  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>To Mr. Star-crossed Anonymous: I should have guessed - you and your Trickster ways. Mischief maker!

Did you ever figure out who it was Goldi?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Goldi said...

But of course! He (actually) enjoys how you taunt me.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Man Goldi. You are so right about all of these 70's staple movies being redone and remaked. How about that asinine remake of the Honeymooners they've got coming out. What in the hell is that all about??? No original writers in Hollywood anymore...?

7:47 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Oh, by the way, you are right about Starbuck being a woman. I tell you, it's getting harder and harder to keep a character the way they were...

7:48 PM  
Blogger Goldi said...

Part of them problem is that nowadays those hipster doofuses that are Film & Video majors decide to act instead. The joke in the industry is generally directors do not like actors. They are always "on" (always acting) and they pander to you. If you are an actress dating a director is a career move.

Thusly, you do not have a lot of new talent out there. They either decide to act or make music videos.

Yes, I've dated actors (and student directors).

Actors = Self-absorbed (Musicians are worse)
Directors = Have bad habits (tobacco bleh) and eventually gain a loooooooooooooooot of weight.

8:08 PM  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> But of course! He (actually) enjoys how you taunt me.

Goldi, you are loved!!!!!:)

10:33 AM  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Damn, no wonder you're not getting any action Goldi,you're a DAMN TREKKIE!!!!!

I bet you meet a lot of hot studs at those conventions, huh? Live long and prosper Goldi Lox.....LOL!!!LOL!!!LOL!!!

Say , what ever happened to Michael Dorn? I think that's his name. The black dude that they had to dress up like a freak just to be on Star Trek!!!!!Damn, I guess racism is intergalactic, huh?:(

10:46 AM  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Hey Goldi, did you read the comments from the last Free Friday's Forum?:(

10:48 AM  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Hey Goldi, wanna battle? I've been brushing up on my freestyle skills and I think I can take you(no pun)(pun)!!!!


Check 1 2........Check check it out...

Ay yo, I'm harder than hard
I'll pull the dealer's card
some say , in a way
It's like I'm playing God
cause it really don't concern me
if you're trying to hurt me
I just need to know
so I can plan my day TURKEY!!!!!

Copyright-1984 Soundboyz

10:55 AM  
Blogger Goldi said...

My golden tongue
Spits flames from the Sun
Soundboyz you don't want to go there
Your feelings will be hurt
With verbal terror I have fun

Copyright 5/17/05

11:08 AM  
Blogger Goldi said...

Soundboyz: You may have a point about my post. There will be a new one this afternoon.

11:22 AM  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> My golden tongue
Spits flames from the Sun
Soundboyz you don't want to go there
Your feelings will be hurt
With verbal terror I have fun

Ay yo Goldi,
So you spit flames huh?
Well , I kick game Ma
I laugh at your feeble threats
This would explain why you have HOT breath
While i'm hot to death
you'll be alright, no need to fuss or fight
You sound like the Ni**a that plan to go to the Sun at night!!!!
So if you can't stand the heat stay out of the sun light
and let a real MC shine bright
and show you how it's done right!!!!


Copyright-Right NOW- Soundboyz

11:39 AM  
Blogger Goldi said...

Soundboyz you want to battle me
Jus' 'cause you want to hear from me
You always post on me 'cause you want to get with me
You ain't neva seen me
and all you do is dream about me
All you have is your blow up Dolly
I pity thee.

Copyright Now!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Brother OMi said...

Battle Star Galatica remake has some great writing. the Dune remakes are dope.
Star Trek has always sucked.

but Lucas is continuing the Clone Wars and coming out with a TV show that spins off of Coruscant nights.

2:06 PM  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> Soundboyz you want to battle me
Jus' 'cause you want to hear from me
You always post on me 'cause you want to get with me
You ain't neva seen me
and all you do is dream about me
All you have is your blow up Dolly
I pity thee.

Copyright Now!

Alright ,you WON Goldi!!!!!!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Goldi said...

Iselfra - Thanks you just gave my geek life new meaning.

Soundboyz - Truth hurts huh?

3:37 PM  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Yep.....:(

5:16 PM  
Blogger pumice resources said...

I am glad I found this post. it helped me with something I was thinking about. Nice blog!

My wifes wood craft shop has similar issues...

Nice to meet you, have a great day!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home