Friday, June 03, 2005

The Golden 10

Luke Cage hit me with this one, so here I go. God, myself, Africa, family and money are the eternal top 5. The following Ten Things I Love are just to make me appear to be witty, obscure and deep. (In no particular order).

10. Carnelian necklace made by a brotha in Arizona. Very simple made with seed beads and a modest carnelian bead. The bead is 500 years old from Mali, West Africa. The brotha travels all of the world collecting beads.

9. Bell collection. Some antique West African pieces, modern Indian ones with antique style.

8. Bead and crystal collection. An addiction. I started beading in my early 20s. Some things I just love to stare at.

7. Yarn addiction/collection. I’ve been crocheting off and on since I was 9. I started to take it seriously (i.e. make money off of it) in December. I stated with that cheap Wal-Mart stuff (Puh-leze do not tell people I’ve been there. I just go for cheap DVDs, cheap tools and lawn stuff. I SWEAR). Now, my yarn is from Germany, Italy and Spain.

6. Toy collection. Modest and obscure. Stuff like light-saber spoon (Mace Windu was on the cover of Honey Smacks, c’monnnnnnn); Todd McFarlane Toys - nah, action figures. (Predator the Hunter and the cool Spawn with wings. It is amazing what becomes yours at the end of a relationship. I should have been greedy and claimed the kitana sword as one of my parting gifts); Barbie (well Barbie’s token friend Christie. Hey, at least she’s gotten darker over the decade. Now only if we can get her to sport natural hair). I won't embarass myself with the rest. I was so happy when I read and article in Bust magazine about women in their 30s that play with dolls.

5. My fan collection. Now you know I have to have those. I detest being hot, and if you annoy me…oops.

4. Vampire movie collection. Gimme a friggin’ break, I eat meat.

3. My ever growing Kokopelli collection. Who can resist a deity from Africa, that now resides in Central and South America. He’s a trickster who’s all about fecundity and good times. Allllllllllllll rigggggggggght.

2. Amber glass collection. My auntie (mild mannered grade school principal that will
“Flame On”
just like Grandma Laura did) “So what are you going to do with those?” Moi, “Put them some where…living room maybe.” Auntie, “You never use what you buy”. (“Shuyaaaaaaa”).

1. Plates I have made. My first plates ever are suwwwwwwwweeeet (suuukiiiinaaaaa). My wheel throwing instructor sucked. I guess I am not supposed to take a (leisure) pottery class in the middle of the day during the week. I missed the plate instruction class and she was too busy instructing glazing to supervise my plate progress. An advanced student saw my work and loved them. When I told her they were my first ones, she said I was gifted (plates are one of the most challenging things you can make in pottery. I didn’t realize this until my intermediate class). (Thanks for the vote of confidence Creator - I still do clay).

Now
Mrs. Pilkington, Iselfra and Amadeo, I choose you! What are the 10 Things You Love?

Oh The Places You Will Go

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

create your own personalized map of the USA

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

create your own visited country map

This should be part of the above list:


0.5 My travel memoirs. If you haven’t traveled – gettttt out! As an old boyfriend would say “The World is yours!” I’m not totally global yet. Hey, world domination has to start somewhere.

20 Comments:

Blogger Jdid said...

interesting collection list

10:31 AM  
Blogger jirzygurl said...

I would just like to say Pisces rock!! I love crocheting and beads and crystals and sparkley ish! I love to travel also... I just wish I had more money to really get out there and see everything!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Gunner Kaufman said...

ive never been able to collect anything for long..i always lose it or get distracted....and uh..lose it.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Whoa! Vampire flicks Goldi? Which are your faves? Let me see: I like the campy ones like FrightNight, Vamp and The Lost Boys

Then of course there are the thrillers, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Interview with the Vampire, Near Dark, Taste the Blood of Dracula, Dracula with Frank Langella & Nosferatu

The Superheroic ones like Underworld and Blade...

But I hope you didn't like Vampire in Brooklyn, Dracula 2000, 3000, or Hot Vampire Nights. Those are the worst!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Goldi said...

I have: Life Force - (80s sci-fi vampire flick - woo hoo. Hot nekkid woman sucks the life outta men, gotta luv it.), Dracula, Blackula, Love at First Bite (think George Hamilton as a tanned Dracula), Bram Stoker's Dracula, Interview..., Queen of the Damned (don't tell anybody), Underworld (I only watch that one for self-punishment), The Hunger (think David Bowie and Catherine Deneauve), Fright Night and Lost Boys, and anime classic Vampire Hunter D.

Nosferatu is tooo scary for me :-[

2:06 PM  
Blogger Brother OMi said...

arrghhhhh!
but i will do...

4:14 PM  
Blogger G. Cornelius Harris said...

Thanks for hitting me up...Like the spot...I might have to hit the map thing up...I'll be back...I'll keep you posted

7:14 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Damn!!! I forgot about LifeForce. That was like, one of the most sexiest sci-fi/horror flick I'd ever seen. The way the vampires sucked the lifeforces of humans and it went into that umbrella thing in the sky...Goldi, don't even get me started.

However, I will forgive you for Queen of the Damned. I'll simply think that you were doing it for Aaliyah. (wink)

3:45 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

By the way Goldi, I've got a question for you. E-mail me asap.

3:47 PM  
Blogger piranha said...

hey, if you really love travelling you really should check www.hospitalityclub.org out. it s a non profit website whose members (over 60 000 people in over 160 countries) offer each other either just to show around in thheir town or country/village, their favorite club or whatever they like and offer free accomodation, it s non obligatory though, to offer free acomodation yourself....the idea is, that the backpacker scene and hotel scene is pretty much the same everywhere and that if you meet locals you will gain a totally different insight into the respective country you are visiting.....it s also good just like that, if you have to go to a different town in the states for some reason and don't know where to go clubbing and don't want to go to the obvious tourist places, people will be able to show you their underground. it s really really cool! www.couchsurfing.com does the same, and i think there are more us members, as the founder is from the states too...

hope you like it ;-)
ahhh i love your virtual 'I'!

piranha

4:51 PM  
Blogger Goldi said...

thanks pirahna! i am feelin' that wanderlust.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Jim Naka said...

Nice blog. Please check out my toy shop site. It is all about toy shop informations.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great information on your site folks. I also am working on a bead project site. I'll bookmark yours if you bookmark mine. You can find it at bead project.
Again, nice site folks...I'll be baak...:)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

9:22 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

My site is about anime gif check it out here at anime gif learn about anime and other anime related topics

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found a site that has information on germany travel guide ,germany travel guide, and germany travel guide . You may find it very useful at germany travel guide

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you would just take your time to know your way around, you could discover

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog about crutchfield electronics. I also have a Blog/Website about crutchfield electronics which is why I enjoyed this blog so much. Keep up the excellent work! Check out my site if you have a moment.

10:52 AM  
Blogger bd--b1a59b said...

Hi there, your blog is great. You have arranged topics well and it makes a lovely read. Keep up the good work.

Regards
Beading Info.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! film editing schools

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home